We manufacture the world’s leading drone for indoor industrial inspection. Our technology enables the world’s largest asset owners to send robotic solutions in confined spaces and hazardous environments instead of human beings. Flyability was founded in 2014, and is headquartered in Switzerland with offices in Denver and Singapore, and a global team of about 100 people. Our solution is used by thousands of customers worldwide, in a wide variety of industries including Energy, Power Generation, Mining, Chemicals, Maritime, and Public Infrastructure.
We are looking for an Area Sales Manager-North East to join our North American Sales team. This role will be responsible for sales activities in our North American North Eastern Territory, which spans from Virginia to Quebec. The North Eastern ASM will develop and maintain a sales pipeline, manage accounts, and manage channel distribution for our cutting edge technology in the defined territory.
On a day-to-day basis, you will work closely with new customers to identify product fit and close deals. You will interface with our distribution partners in your area to ensure that opportunities are progressing and that they are receiving the support they need from us. You will also frequently meet with accounts in your territory to ensure their satisfaction and help them scale their use of our technology. This role will own all commercial activities for the given territory, so we are looking for someone who can work independently and proactively, build and grow relationships with customers and partners, and who can quickly learn the needs of various industries to identify and deliver added value.
- Build and maintain leads and opportunities pipelines for direct and indirect sales
- Consult and follow up with prospects to solidify fit and value proposition and convert them to opportunities
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up; outbound campaigns and events
- Own the sales objectives and growth strategy in the territory
- Manage and develop a network of channel partners
- Walk opportunities through the buying process to help them acquire and deploy our technology by organizing presentations, demonstrations, and proof of concepts
- Coordinate and support sales activities for local distributors
- Build relationships with local key accounts with periodic discussions and ensure they scale to their full potential
- Build brand awareness and generate demand
- Build and execute business development activities in coordination with the marketing team
- Participate in developing and executing targeted nation-wide sales efforts
- Frequently meet with prospects and customers at their locations or during roadshows and tradeshows
- Travel to industrial sites for meetings, demonstrations, or proof of concepts. Work on industrial sites may include operating the drone in-asset, which could imply working at heights or in hazardous environments
- Assist in organizing and executing multiple tradeshows and roadshows nation-wide
- Assist with various sales projects as needed
- Proactivity, integrity, and the ability to work in an international team
- Sales experience in industrial products or related complex commercial product sales
- Experience with channel sales and direct B2B sales
- Strong relationship building skills
- Excellent written, verbal and public speaking skills
- Proven track record of selling large contracts to companies or government agencies
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and/or equivalent experience required
- French speaker preferred
- Ability to quickly learn needs and processes in various industries
- Ability to work remotely, a quiet home office will be required
- Ability to load, unload, set up equipment weighing 50-70 pounds
- Ability to work on industrial sites, which may require climbing multiple flights of stairs
- Ability to work in the United States and drive a vehicle
Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time. Periodic trips to Denver to meet with the team will be requested. An annual trip to our headquarters in Switzerland may be requested.