Intern in Electronic (6 months)
Starting date: As soon as possible
For this internship, you will join the life of the startup as a full team member in the beautiful town of Lausanne (Switzerland) and work on projects in line with your interests and competencies. You will work closely with our electronic experts to design, debug and iterate PCBAs for our latest drone and accessories. Personal projects are actively encouraged and if you have a great idea, you are more than welcome and have all the resources to make it a reality!
We require a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering or a related major. You should be an autonomous, self-motivated and curious individual with a passion for drones, who is not afraid of the unknown and willing to learn fast. You should have experience is some, if not all of the following:
- Schematic capture and multilayer PCB layout experience in Altium
- Design and development of digital and analogue circuitry
- Communication standards such as USB, SPI, I2C, CAN and DShot
- Soldering and prototyping of ideas
- Bringing up PCBAs and fault finding when thing don’t work
- Microcontrollers and specifically ARM-Cortex-M MCUs
- Circuit simulation using tools such as SIMetrix/Spice etc
- BLDC motor controllers
- Test bench development
In addition to your passion for high tech products and your motivation to work in a challenging and innovative environment, you can be represented by the following traits:
- Team player, willing to collaborate with multicultural people from various horizons
- Passion for unmanned autonomous mobile robotics!
- Problem-solving mindset, hands-on, proactive and willing to take ownership
- Strong commitment to quality, architecture and documentation
- Flexible and self-motivated with a strong desire to learn
- Fluent in English; French would be an asset but not essential
Depending on your performance and the company needs, there is the possibility to join Flyability as a full-time employee after your internship.