Intern in Image Processing (6 months)
Starting date: as soon as possible
For this internship, you will join the life of the young company as a full team member and work directly with our Payload Team. You will push the boundaries of drone-based remote visual inspection by developing data acquisition and data processing strategies to improve the image quality and help getting more insight from the drone data. Your programming skills will allow you to implement algorithms in the drone software, in the piloting app or in the data analysis desktop software. You will also help in the selection of cameras and sensors to develop next generation drones.
Possible topics include:
- Video stabilization, blur detection, extracting best frames from a video
- Thermal imagery enhancement with RGB data, hot spot detection
- Assessing image quality with resolution charts
- Measurements based on depth camera (time of flight, projected patterns, stereo)
Other ideas can be discussed during the application process.
We require a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Robotics, Electronics or similar. You should be an autonomous, self-motivated and curious individual with a passion for drones, who is not afraid of the unknown and willing to learn fast. You should have experience is some, if not all of the following:
- Photography - using advanced camera settings
- Programming in C, Python, Matlab, Java
- Image processing with OpenCV or other libraries
In addition to your passion for high tech products and your motivation to work in a challenging and innovative environment, you can be represented by the following traits:
- Team player, willing to collaborate with multicultural people from various horizons
- Passion for unmanned autonomous mobile robotics!
- Problem-solving mindset, hands-on, proactive and willing to take ownership
- Strong commitment to quality, architecture and documentation
- Flexible and self-motivated with a strong desire to learn
- Fluent in English; French would be an asset but not essential