Intern in Transmission
Starting date: as soon as possible
By applying to this internship position in the R&D department of Flyability, you are willing to share our common goals : redefining UAV boundaries and bringing drones indoors, in complex and confined spaces, within a team of passionate engineers.
For this internship, you will join the life of the startup and work on projects in line with your interests and competences. Your mission will be to contribute to the design of Flyability’s FHD video transmission for our future drones that fly in challenging environments.
During your time within our team, you will work closely with our transmission and electronics engineers. You will be testing and validating innovative FHD video transmission systems in the lab and in-situ. You will look for key improvement, share constructive criticism and propose new optimisation to make the best video transmission ever for our application.
We require a Bachelor degree in Engineering. We look for autonomous, self-motivated and curious individuals who are not afraid of the unknown and willing to learn fast, with experience in some of these fields:
- Experience in with RF microwave propagation on the 2.4Ghz ISM band and on antennas design
- Experience in RF circuit analysis, and using tools such as RF power meter, oscilloscope, spectrum and vector analyser.
- Knowledge with numerical RF data transmission (modulation, error correction, bandwidth) and numerical interfaces (UDP/TCP//Uart/SPI)
- Knowledge in C, ROS, on embedded ARM 32bit microcontroller
- Knowledge in PCBA design : schematics design, layout
- Knowledge in encoding/decoding the video is also appreciated
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Drive, autonomy, curiosity and team play
- Good level of English and French.
- Hands-on, pragmatic and prototype-minded
- Previous drone experience is a plus