Key Account Manager
start date: as soon as possible
ContextWe manufacture the world’s leading drone for indoor industrial inspection. Our technology enables the world’s largest asset owners to send robotic solutions in confined spaces and hazardous environments instead of human beings. Flyability was founded in 2014, and is headquartered in Switzerland with offices in Denver and Singapore, and a global team of about 100 people. Our solution is used by thousands of customers worldwide, in a wide variety of industries including Energy, Power Generation, Mining, Chemicals, Maritime, and Public Infrastructure.
We are looking for a Key Account Manager to join our North American Sales Team. The Key Account Manager will be responsible to grow a portfolio of strategic global accounts throughout the North American territory, and coordinate efforts with the Global Account Management team in Switzerland.
On a day-to-day basis, you will work closely with our champions at several accounts to identify their pain points and assist them in scaling the use of our technology across the territory. You will build strategies and processes to consistently scale the accounts you manage. You will drive discussions about scaled adoption of our technology, and ensure it comes to fruition. You will undertake outreach efforts to ensure all of the sites owned by our key accounts are aware of the work done with our drones and see a path towards adoption. This role is of strategic importance to the company, so we are looking for someone who is personable and has experience managing large industrial accounts.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our key accounts’ employees at a corporate, regional, and site level
- Work with our key contacts within accounts to deploy collaborative efforts to scale our accounts
- Coordinate account growth campaigns with Marketing Team
- Walk opportunities through the buying process to help them acquire and deploy our technology by organizing presentations, demonstrations, and proof of concepts
- Coordinate key account sales with North American sales team and channel partners
- Build brand awareness and generate demand
- Participate in developing and executing targeted global sales efforts
- Develop and share best practices in Key Account Management for the entire team
- Travel to industrial sites for meetings, demonstrations, or proof of concepts. Work on industrial sites may include operating the drone in-asset, which could imply working at heights or in hazardous environments.
- Assist in organizing and executing multiple tradeshows and roadshows nation-wide
- Assist with various sales projects as needed
- Proactivity, integrity, and the ability to work in an international team
- Sales experience in industrial products or related complex commercial product sales
- Experience managing and growing accounts with large industrial corporations
- Excellent written, verbal and public speaking skills
- Experience managing long and complex sales processes
- Proven track record of selling large contracts to companies or government agencies
- Master’s degree and/or equivalent experience required
- Ability to quickly learn needs and processes in various industries
- Ability to work remotely, a quiet home office may be required depending on location
- Ability to load, unload, set up equipment weighing 50-70 pounds
- Ability to work on industrial sites, which may require climbing multiple flights of stairs
- Ability to work in the United States and drive a vehicle
Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time. Periodic trips to Denver to meet with the team will be requested if working from a different location. An annual trip to our headquarters in Switzerland may be requested.