To grow our software engineering team, we are seeking a C++ developer who will be responsible for defining, designing, implementing, testing and supporting our desktop SDK. The SDK will be the foundation of Flyability’s software solutions. It will be used internally to build our Desktop application and it will enable third party solutions to communicate with Flyability’s drones and web services.
The Desktop application is the user’s interface to the video and LIDAR inspection data collected by their drone. It will present an immersive fly-through rendering of the 3D environment mapped by the drone, augmented with layers of metadata such as flight paths, inspection sites of interest, and changes evident since previous inspections.
You have a strong knowledge of C++ backend development and want to use it to build a comprehensive set of libraries including client side REST API, data processing, low level communication and more. You are familiar with terms like unit tests, integration tests, regression tests and stress tests. You know when good is “good enough” and where to take a closer look.
- Define, build, maintain and document the Flyability desktop SDK
- Write robust, stable, reliable and maintainable code within committed time frames
- Design tests and ensure software quality. Plan, design, operate and improve continuous integration and automated testing systems. Test on real hardware in typical customer scenarios
- As an experienced C++ developer, you share your knowledge of the language and the architecture with the team and help everyone’s competencies to grow.
- Minimum 3, ideally 5 years of backend C++ programming experience
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Previous experience designing and building cross-platform C++ libraries
- Good knowledge of CMake and C++ build process
- You have excellent communication skills and like challenging the status quo
- Familiar with agile methodologies
- Qt framework with QML/QtQuick2 experience a major plus
- Previous experience with client side REST API implementation is a plus
- OpenGL / 3D graphics development experience is a plus
In addition to your passion for high tech products, and your motivation to work in a challenging and innovative environment, you can be represented by the following traits:
- Team player, willing to collaborate with multicultural people from various horizons
- Passion for object-oriented software design
- Problem-solving mindset, hands-on, proactive and willing to take ownership
- Strong commitment to quality, architecture and documentation
- Flexible and self-motivated with a strong desire to learn
- Fluent in English, French would be a plus