Software Quality Engineer
Starting date: as soon as possible
To grow our software engineering team, we are seeking a quality engineer who will be responsible for defining, designing and implementing the testing procedures for all Flyability products. You will be playing a key role to ensure the highest standard of quality of the following pieces of software developed at Flyability:
- the firmware of the drones
- the Android application to pilot the drones
- the desktop application that creates added value outputs for our customers
These systems perform safety critical functions, demanding the highest degree of quality and reliability. You will perform continuous testing both in house and in the field to monitor quality and test new features in real world scenario.
- Own the quality of Flyability software products.
- Define the end-to-end test plans for Flyability’s software products.
- Update the test plans accordingly to the new features developed by the team.
- Execute the test plans on a regular basis. Track regressions, report bugs, monitor the quality of the pieces of software.
- Maintain a systematic backlog of known quality issues.
- Test new features in the field, give feedback to the development team. Be the customer’s voice of the team.
- 3+ years of QA in a software company
- Familiar with agile methodologies
- Passion to find the very last bug!
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Excellent bug reporting and tracking skills
- Strong sense of ownership, passionate, fast learner, detail-oriented, analytical mindset, perfection seeker
- Sensitive to the user’s point of view, willing to improve the overall user experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Familiar with JIRA is a plus
In addition to your passion for high tech products, and your motivation to work in a challenging and innovative environment, you can be represented by the following traits:
- Team player, willing to collaborate with multicultural people from various horizons
- Problem-solving mindset, hands-on, proactive and willing to take ownership
- Flexible and self-motivated with a strong desire to learn
- Fluent in English, French would be a plus