A cage with damaged elements becomes softer and more fragile. A badly maintained cage can seriously reduce the drone's collision tolerance.
Replacing a pentagon
- To change a pentagon, cut the surrounding zip ties with the cutting pliers and remove the damaged pentagon.
- Place the new pentagon and attach it with new zip ties. Be careful to place the zip ties’ ratchet on the inner side of the cage.
- Using the needle nosed pliers, tighten the zip ties.
- Using the cutting pliers, trim the zip ties’ tape.
Changing a suspension
What you need:
- 2x Bearings Ø8x3 4mm
- 1x Spacer bearing
- 1x M3x16 Screw with Tuflok
- 1x Suspension
- 1x Pentagon
- Cutting pliers
- Needle nosed pliers
- 5 Zip-ties
1 - Assemble the bumpers to the ring as shown on the schematic below
2 - Place the zip-ties on the cage's connector, assure you the zip-ties ratchets are located into the cage as shown in the picture below
3 - Pass the zip-ties tape through the pentagon then the suspension
4 - Tighten zip-ties with the needle nosed pliers
5 - Trim the zip ties close to the ratchet with the cutting pliers.
Changing the carbon ring
- Install the bearing from the outside into the carbon ring on the straight part.
- Position the Carbon beam into the ring.
- Tighten up the carbon beam into the ring with the black screw. Use the T10 screwdriver and
- Repeat steps 1. 2. and 3. for the other side.
- Tighten up the Screw Top into the carbon ring with a flat screwdriver. Apply a light torque by hand. Replat on the other sides.