In March of 2020 the Flyability team had planned to host our first U.S. user conference in Denver, CO to celebrate the opening of our first U.S. office. Due to COVID-19 concerns we had to cancel, but now we're going to bring the conference to you in a series of webinars starting on Thursday, April 9 and continuing into May.
The schedule for Flyability's 2020 User Conference featured talks and panels on indoor UAS inspections in various applications across U.S. industries, including Chemicals, Oil & Gas, Power Generation, and Mining.
We had over 200 people sign up to attend the conference and an incredible lineup of speakers, including speakers from drone industry leaders like DJI and Pix4D, inspection standard organizations like API and ASME, and drone program creators at places like Chevron and Duke Energy.
Unfortunately, due to concerns about COVID-19 we were forced to cancel.
The good news? We're bringing the conference to you in a webinar series featuring keynote speakers originally slated for the conference.
Webinar Series Featuring Keynotes from Flyability's Canceled 2020 User Conference
The Future of Drone Inspections: Learn How API and ASME Experts Are Working to Expand Drone Inspection Applications
- When: Thursday, April 9 at 10:30 A.M. EST / 04:30 P.M. CEST
- Featured speakers: Luis Pulgarin, head of newly formed UAS committee at ASME and Suzanne Lemieux, author of API’s Guide for Innovative Drone Use in Natural Gas & Oil Industry
How Country-of-Origin Drone Bans Impact U.S. Companies & Agencies Including Public Safety Agencies Fighting COVID-19
- When: Tuesday, April 14 at 11:30 A.M. EST / 05:30 P.M. CEST
- Featured speakers: Jordan Gross, Senior Government Relations Lead at DJI, and Romeo Durscher, Senior Director of Public Safety Integration at DJI
3D Modeling with Indoor Drones: Applications and Implications
- When: Tuesday, April 21 at 10:30 A.M. EST / 04:30 P.M. CEST
- Featured speakers: Andrew McIntyre, Technical Trainer and mapping expert at Pix4D and Marc Gandillon, Head of Marketing at Flyability
How to Build and Scale a Drone Program at Your Company
- When: Wednesday, April 22 at 10:30 A.M. EST / 04:30 P.M. CEST
- Featured speakers: Calvin Rieb, Head of Global Unmanned Systems at Cargill and James Manni, UAS Program Manager at the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA)
Drones in Oil & Gas: How Chevron Uses Drones to Improve Safety, Reduce Downtimes, and Save Money
- When: Tuesday, April 28 at 10:30 A.M. EST / 04:30 P.M. CEST
- Featured speakers: Larry Barnard, UAS Governance at Chevron and Mauricio Calva, NDT Expert at Chevron
Indoor 3D Modeling Use Cases: Photogrammetry in Action
- When: Thursday, April 30 at 11:30 A.M. EST / 05:30 P.M. CEST
- Featured speakers: Laurie McBean, Geospatial Data Specialist at UAS Inc. and Gregory Spirlet, Professional Services Engineer at Flyability
Drones in Power Generation: How Exelon Clearsight Uses Drones to Improve Safety, Reduce Downtimes, and Save Money
- When: Thursday, May 14 at 10:30 A.M. EST / 04:30 P.M. CEST
- Featured speakers: Chris Place, Business Development Manager at Exelon Clearsight and Marc Gandillon, Head of Marketing at Flyability
How to Perform Safer Confined Spaces Inspections Using Drones
- When: Wednesday, May 20 at 2:00 P.M. EST / 12:00 P.M. MST
- Featured speakers: Alexandre Meldem, VP of Sales at Flyability
Stay Tuned for More
We had a dozen keynote speakers lined up for our canceled 2020 User Conference, which means that we'll have a lot more webinars coming up.
Here are some of the webinar topics we'll be announcing soon:
- How Indoor Drones Are Being Used in Mining
- How Indoor Drones Are Being Used in Chemicals
We are updating this page as we schedule more webinars. Please check back periodically to see what has been added.